With the AFA’s Adviser of the Year on board, Katarina Taurian finds out how the JBS Financial Strategists team are raising the bar
JENNY BROWN is no stranger to accolades, with a string of awards sitting on the JBS Financial Strategists proverbial mantlepiece. Still, being greeted by 1,400 balloons and cheers from colleagues on her 50th birthday caught Ms Brown by surprise.
“I came in and my office door was closed and there was just one balloon hanging on it. I went to open the door and I couldn’t stop laughing. I couldn’t believe the whole office was full of balloons. It was 8ft high in my office, it was hilarious,” Ms Brown tells SMSF Adviser.
“[It was] all about that experience, it just replicated all of the fun that we have at JBS – that’s what the team is all about.”
Ms Brown encourages a collaborative culture at JBS Financial Strategists, with staff members meeting at least once a week to discuss the services they’re providing to clients and to keep track of each other’s workloads.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2017ATO releases position paper, penalties approachBy Katarina Taurian
- 21 Aug 2017Top investment mechanisms for tax savings revealedBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017SMSFA appoints high-profile Australian as patronBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017Lawyer challenges ATO view on two fund strategiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 21 Aug 2017Risks flagged with real estate appraisal valuesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reportingBy Katarina Taurian
- view all
- Top investment mechanisms for tax savings revealed
While super remains one of the most tax-effective ways to save for retirement, if you’re unable to stay within caps then it may be worth c...read more
- view all